28 Memory Care Communities near Scottsdale
Brookdale North Scottsdale
Scottsdale Village Square, A Pacifica Senior Living Community
The Gardens Of Scottsdale
Sunrise Of Scottsdale
Scottsdale Memory Care
Amber Creek Memory Care Community
Andara Independent and Assisted Living
Belmont Village Scottsdale
The Manor Village At Scottsdale
MorningStar at Arcadia
MorningStar Assisted Living and Memory Care at Arcadia
Olive Grove Retirement Community
Scottsdale, Arizona is a distinctive and beautiful city within the Phoenix metropolitan area. Scottsdale is home to the popular Old Town Scottsdale, various museums, and the largest urban nature preserve in the country. Senior residents enjoy warm, dry weather throughout the year, low crime rates, access to excellent health care facilities, and benefit from a lack of taxes on Social Security income.
What is Alzheimer’s Memory Care?
Memory care is a specialized service offered within a senior living community or in a purpose-built community designed to meet the needs of residents with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, or Lewy Body, to name a few of the dementia-related illnesses covered by memory care facilities. Residents of Alzheimer’s care facilities enjoy structured environments with a variety of routines that offer a sense of security and comfort in daily life.
What Services Are Available in Memory Care Communities in Scottsdale, AZ?
Memory care service in Scottsdale, AZ, can vary by the size and scope of coverage at the individual location, but most memory care facilities provide:
- Resident rooms that are private or shared
- All meals provided on a daily basis either in-room or in a dining hall
- Social activities that provide mental stimulation and emotional engagement
- Cognitive therapy classes
- Exercise programs to promote physical health
- Transportation to any and all medical appointments
How Much Does Memory Care Cost in Scottsdale, AZ?
The average monthly cost for memory care in Scottsdale ranges from $2,700 to $4,600. The exact cost of memory care depends on the level of care your loved one requires and the level of service offered at a particular location within Scottsdale.
Many individuals with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia require a higher level of care, including 24/7 coverage to ensure residents are safe and secure overnight. These factors all impact the average monthly cost of memory care in the Scottsdale area. You should also be aware that Medicare and Medicaid do not offer much assistance in covering the costs of memory care. Medicare only covers medically required stays up to 100 days and Medicaid offers waivers only to low-income residents.
A local Seniorly Partner Agent may have the ability to negotiate monthly rent and fees on your behalf at many of the memory care communities you might be considering. This is a free service to you. To connect with a Seniorly Partner Agent, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 866-4515.
What is the Difference Between Memory Care and Other Senior Care Facilities?
Memory care is different from other types of senior care facilities in Scottsdale. A memory care program can be offered through an assisted living community, a standalone property, or even a skilled nursing home. However, these are not the same as Scottsdale memory care communities when it comes to services:
- Assisted living communities – an assisted living community offers a mixture of independence with services that make it easier for residents to enjoy day-to-day living. Assisted living services include daily meals, social programs, and even local area outings
- Active adult communities - this type of community caters to the desire of active residents with supported recreational and social programs while also taking care of residents' laundry, housekeeping, and meal services
- Skilled nursing facilities – a skilled nursing facility provides medically necessary services from nurses, occupational therapists, and other medical professionals in an environment that includes round-the-clock healthcare coverage and assistance with activities of daily living (ADL)
Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and Memory Care Resources in Scottsdale, AZ
There are numerous resources available to those looking for assistance with memory care needs in Scottsdale. While just three resources are highlighted here, please note that there are many other resources available to Scottsdale residents:
- Scottsdale Senior Services – administered by the City of Scottsdale, this integrated system collects resources and opportunities to help senior residents and their family members improve their lives, neighborhoods, and communities through various health and wellness programs.
- Adultcare Assistance – this free program offers various senior events that include memory screenings, CPR classes, and family caregiver forums.
- Neighbors Who Care, Inc. – this program helps connect Scottsdale seniors and their family with local community resources to support memory care needs.
Memory Care Community Ratings, Inspection reports and User Reviews for Scottsdale, AZ
The Arizona Department of Health Services maintains AZ Care Check, a searchable online database that contains deficiencies and enforcement actions noted for licensed memory care communities throughout the state of Arizona. It also provides an outlet for residents to lodge online complaints.
You can also search through other reviews of memory care communities in Scottsdale through various platforms. The Better Business Bureau’s website compiles information on local memory care in Scottsdale with BBB accreditation information and grading for each facility. Yelp is a great source of consumer reviews of local memory care facilities in Scottsdale as well.
What Questions Should I Ask When Touring Memory Care Communities in Scottsdale?
While touring memory care communities in Scottsdale, it's important to ask these ten questions:
- What is the staff turnover rate?
- What type of medical staff are available?
- How does the community handle residents who become physically aggressive?
- Are individualized care plans created for each resident?
- How are mealtimes handled?
- Can residents personalize their own accommodations?
- How can residents use the common spaces in the community?
- What are the visiting hours?
- How does the memory care community communicate with the family?
- Are pets allowed? If so, what type?
To read more about touring prospective Scottsdale memory care properties, click here.