UPDATED NOVEMBER 15, 2022
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Website collects Personal Information, including:
- Telephone number
- Zip code
- Email address
- Username/password when you create an account with Seniorly
- Company name and information about your business, when you apply to become part of our Partner Agent Program
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information for the following purposes
- Providing the functionality of the website
- To facilitate your use of the Website, communicate with you, maintain your account with us, process your payments, and provide you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests and transactions, such as when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or fill out a survey, or request information about our services.
- To improve the functionality of our Website and debug, identify and repair errors.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Website.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, security, identity verification, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, improving or modifying our Website, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us, such as website hosting and analytics, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To our third-party business partners, including the senior housing and care providers who have contracted with us (“Participating Partners”) and our Partner Agents, who are part of our referral information service program and help us provide the placement services you request.
- By using the Website, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On forums, message boards, review postings and other services to which you are able to post information and content. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you, or others. We may use, disclose or transfer your Personal Information to a third party in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Website you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Website functions properly.
- Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Website, pages visited, language preferences, and other traffic data, including “clickstream” data comprised of mouse movements, clicks, page scrolls and keystrokes. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience, to analyze and improve the quality of our Website, and to debug, identify and repair errors that impair the intended functionality of our Website. We also gather statistical information about use of the Website in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how it is used, and assist us with resolving questions regarding the Website.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Website (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Website and response rates.
- IP Address
- Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Website, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Website. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
- Physical Location
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, such as through your device settings, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails, such as newsletters, from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by using the opt-out mechanism contained in each such email. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out. if you wish to opt-out of marketing communications with one of our Participating Partners, please contact the Participating Partner directly.
If you no longer want to receive SMS/text messages from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by texting STOP.
If you would like to update Personal Information that you have provided to us, you may write to us at email@example.com.
USE OF WEBSITE BY MINORS
The Website is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
The Website is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information which we shared third parties for their own marketing purposes in the immediately preceding calendar year and providing contact information for such third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request, including your full name, email address and postal address, to: Seniorly, Inc. Attn: Legal, P.O. Box 26804 San Francisco, CA 94126.