Seniorly was the first online senior living directory to develop a pricing estimate algorithm to guide families in the decision process.
As you use the Seniorly.com site, you may notice slight differences in how pricing is displayed from page to page. That’s because Seniorly uses two different methods to deliver the most accurate pricing possible.
1. Seniorly Pricing Estimate:
Seniorly developed its original pricing algorithm in 2016 and updates the logic several times a year. We provide pricing estimates for over 60,000 senior living communities representing independent living, active adult, assisted living, memory care, board & care and continuing care retirement communities.
2. Seniorly Provider Pricing:
In cases where we have confirmed pricing from a community owner, we will display that pricing instead of the Seniorly estimate. We do this to ensure we are delivering the most accurate set of data possible. This pricing may reflect room type, care type and any seasonal incentives or discounts a community may be offering at the time the pricing was confirmed.
How does Seniorly estimate pricing?
Seniorly uses pricing data from industry leader Genworth to develop our base estimates which factor in geography, care types room types and size of community. Our pricing estimates are updated monthly using inflation index data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index to ensure our estimates reflect continuous changes in the U.S. economy.
How can Seniorly help me evaluate senior living pricing?
- Seniorly offers several ways to understand pricing as it relates to your care needs and your geography:
- Pricing Comparison Charts:
- On each community profile page, you will notice a chart that allows you to compare the price of the community to average prices in nearby communities. Seniorly experts have found that some families may be willing to extend their search radius to incorporate a lower-priced area.
- Community Descriptions:
- In the “About” section of every community profile, you can find helpful information to aid you in your decision journey. Each description includes information about the “starting at” price of the community as it relates to other community pricing in your area.
- Cost of Care Calculator:
- Seniorly has created a Cost of Care Calculator to help families explore pricing by geography and care needs.