I'm the Community Relations Manager at Willow Lake Place and have been here just over 3 months. While I've enjoyed professional success for over two decades in other industries I needed more service and giving in my life and an opportunity at Willow Lake Place found me at just the right time. Serving the families and residents in our community has made a profound impact on my life in the short period of time I've been here and allowed me to use the skills I've earned over my career in new and amazing ways. The entire leadership team at Willow Lake Place is new to this community and each and every individual brings such an amazing set of not just professional skills to the team, but a wonderful collaboration of drive for success and genuine desire to make our community an amazing place for our residents to live and thrive.
I have seen bad reviews and listened to frustrations from the past at this community but I can't speak to what did or didn't drive those experiences. What I can speak to is what I see every day when I come to work at Willow Lake Place:
- I collaborate with our interim Executive Director (ED) as she works so very hard to keep a keen eye on where improvements can be made. She listens to all concerns, managing expeditiously if action needs to be taken and truly drives for excellence, ensuring if/when she hands over the reins to a new ED, that transition flows seamlessly.
- I smile watching our Life Enrichment Coordinator (LEC/Activities), hugging and laughing with our amazing residents as she engages with them in activities she's worked hard to ensure the success of.
- It's thrilling every time I get to watch Charles our Memory Care LEC have success getting residents to rock out with him as he gets his groove on to the music they have listened to and loved throughout their lives.
- It's a daily challenge to tie down Renita, our Care Service Manager (CSM/Director of Nursing) so I can get her to assist me with new potential residents because she's so busy ensuring the level of care for our current residents is paramount. It's inspiring to witness her knowledge in nursing and how she commands excellence for those caring for and supporting our resident’s needs.
- I've gained weight already because Brandy, our Director of Dining Services (Chef/Dietary) has a love of baking and making delicious meals she has her team prepare extra of so the staff can taste and provide feedback on, to ensure our residents are being fed well and enjoy the meals she takes ownership of.
- I've been humbled watching our nurses lovingly monitor, comfort and calm a beloved resident having a health crisis, acting with amazing precision in engaging protocol to expedite receipt of care and ensure the best possible outcome for someone who is not just a resident, but a friend that we have watched thrive, care about and have the pleasure to serve.
These are the things I can attest to seeing and experiencing every day I am blessed to come to work at Willow Lake Place. I see from my team members and personally behave in a manner that I have desired and want for my own elderly family members. This is what I can share about what happens within this beautiful brick home that houses, assists and serves the most amazing people I get to laugh with, dance with, listen to, cry for and serve on a daily basis. If this is what you desire for your family member then I can say with confidence that is what you'll find at Willow Lake Place. We do realize excellence is always a work in progress, but you couldn't find a group of people more dedicated to doing whatever it takes to help our friends, neighbors and their families thrive and enjoy the life they're living while in our care.