215 assisted living communities near Roseville
Eskaton Village Roseville
The Terraces Of Roseville
Somerford Place Roseville
Brookdale Sterling Court
Oakmont Of Roseville
Meadow Oaks of Roseville
Domnita's Home Care
A 1 Elderly Care
Elite Quality Care
Cherry Ridge Villa
Bright Horizons Care Home
What Is Assisted Living?
As we get older, it can start to become difficult to attend to all the daily activities and chores that happen at home. If you or your loved one are finding it difficult to take care of the house or even have difficulties with everyday personal care, assisted living communities might be a good alternative. Assisted living can be defined as a special living arrangement where assistance is given in a residential setting. These communities are a far cry from nursing homes and other care facilities in that they are set up to promote independence and freedom with a helping hand when needed.
Services Available in Assisted Living Communities in Roseville
The residents of a Roseville assisted living community are offered an array of services that coincide with the activities of daily living (ADLs). Of course, everyone is different and not every aging citizen will require all the services offered, but just knowing they're there just in case is comforting. Here are some of what is provided.
- Food Preparation
- Personal Grooming
- Bathroom Needs
- Dressing Assistance
- Continence Assistance
In addition to these services, many assisted living communities in Roseville also help residents with their medication needs, offer shopping trips and other planned activities in the city, have amenities like a swimming pool or fitness room, and have holiday celebrations throughout the year.
Getting Ready to Move to Assisted Living in Roseville
Making the transition from living on your own to joining an assisted living community might seem like it can be overwhelming, but it is actually a pretty simple process. The first step is for you or your loved one to visit the doctor for a physical. This way, the staff working at the assisted living facility will be able to custom-tailor their level and style of care.
Besides medical concerns, there are some financial and logistical details that should be worked out ahead of time. Here are some of the things to take care of.
- Selling your home or ending a rental/lease agreement.
- Selling/giving away large-ticket items such as your car, boat, garden tractor, etc.
- Figuring out what household goods to keep and which to sell/donate.
- Hiring movers or getting family members/friends to help with the move.
Costs Associated With Assisted Living in Roseville
The average cost of assisted living facilities in the United States is $3,750 per month. This cost covers everything including room and board, 24-hour care and assistance from the staff, and 3 meals per day.
The price range for assisted living can vary widely from $2,000 to $10,000 per month. The more money you're willing to spend will determine how many extras there are beyond those previously mentioned. Some of these extras can include a fitness center with personal trainers, enrichment programs to keep residents active within the community and planned events or trips to the city. For more information on cost structure, you can click here.
Assisted Living vs. Other Types of Senior Care Communities
The most important thing to decide before beginning preparations to move out of your home and into a community is what kind of facility best suits you or your loved one's needs. In the Roseville area, you can find every type of assisted living facility available, and they cater to different levels of need. Here is a list of what is available besides assisted living, which has already been highlighted.
Independent Living: The best option for those who are able to get around on their own and take care of themselves.
Short-term Care Facilities: Reserved for those who need some extra care and recovery time after they've had surgery or have suffered from an illness.
Nursing Homes: This option is for seniors who require constant care. Most of the residents suffer from Alzheimer's, dementia, or other crippling diseases.
Hospice Care: For people who are suffering from a chronic or terminal illness and are seeking end-of-life care.
Helpful Websites for Assisted Living in Roseville
The internet is a great place to find all sorts of resources that can make adjusting to life in an assisted living facility as easy as possible. There are websites and apps available to help out with everything from catching a ride to taking care of your pet. Here are a few good examples in the Roseville area.
- Petco - An all-encompassing pet care company for pets and their needs. They have a groomer, a veterinary clinic, a store with food and supplies, and even a delivery service.
- Uber - Living in an assisted living community doesn't mean you need to spend all your time there. There are plenty of places to go and things to do in the Roseville area, and Uber can help get you there.
- Remedy Rx Pharmacy - This is a great service for taking care of any medications that you might be on. They offer online prescription filling, immunizations, and curbside delivery.
Resources for Caregivers in Roseville
Dealing with a loved one who has to enter assisted living can be difficult. Oftentimes, caregivers can experience depression or even anger in dealing with the situation. Here are a few resources that can help you stay healthy while caring for your loved one.
- Alzheimer's Aid Society - This organization offers a number of services and programs to help caregivers with the stressors of dealing with a loved one suffering from the disease.
- Del Oro Caregiver Resource - Del Oro offers several different services and support groups for caregivers who assist adults with needs.
- Parkinson Association of Northern California - They help out people with Parkinson's and those who care for them. They offer information, support groups, and planned events throughout the year.
Government Resources for Seniors in Roseville
There are resources in the Roseville area that can help seniors transition to an assisted living environment and aid them with their physical, mental, and emotional needs. Here are three valuable resources to consider.
- City of Roseville - The city offers some senior-based activities that can get you out into the community and help you stay active. They have programs dedicated to enrichment, sports, fitness, arts and crafts, and trips.
- California Department of Social Services - The state provides resources and information pertaining to finding an assisted living facility and services for seniors.
- Adult System of Care - This is a program to assist aging citizens with mental and emotional health. They have services that deal with cognitive diseases, addiction, and more.
Roseville is the largest city in Placer County and part of the Sacramento metropolitan area. The city has a population of 128,276 and is located on Interstate 80 which is one of the most traveled highways in the country.
Located in a dryer area of northern California, Roseville never sees more than 8 days of rainfall a month and has many months where there is none. Temperatures vary from an average of around 60°F during the winter and over 90°F in the summer.
Transportation in and Around Roseville
The closest international airport is located in Sacramento. There is Greyhound bus service as well as passenger rail service in the city of Roseville, and I-80 and Route 65 both run through Roseville allowing easy travel in all directions.
Fun Facts About Roseville
In 1864, the Central Pacific Railroad laid track through the area on the way to Sacramento. Eventually, the town was named Junction and then Roseville Junction as the town grew.