What is a Board & Care home and how can I find one in San Francisco? thanks

Asked by: Tami Rogers |Posted on: February,18 | Viewed: 369 times


1 Answer


Contributor: {{answer.owner_name}} Delete

Board and care homes are a type of Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE). They are typically much smaller than traditional Assisted Living communities, and usually have 3 to 8 beds total. Residents at board and care homes often have the choice between a single or shared room, though they typically all share a bathroom. These types of communities are quiet and offer a more intimate, home-like experience than larger Assisted Living communities. 

If you or someone you know is looking for an elder care home in San Francisco, a free account on Seniorly will give you access to local community profiles, pricing and availability. For more information about communities in your area, call us today at (415) 570-4370 and we'll set you up with a Family Coordinator who can help you find a home that meets your needs. In addition, you can email us at ask@seniorly.com and request a free care consultation with our on-staff Gerontologist. 
Thanks for reaching out to us and we look forward to helping you find a community! 
The Seniorly Team

Please sign in to answer questions



About Tami Rogers

Tami Rogers is a mom, award winning writer, passionate chef, blogger and frequent contributor to Seniorly and other sites dedicated to seniors and aging well. She also writes for parenting magazines and websites focused on the emotional well being of teens.

Other Articles written by Tami Rogers

Seniorly helps you find Assisted Living

Enter City or ZipCode to begin your search.


A thought while you wait ...

Do something today that makes you feel 5 again.