My parents have been doing pretty well with in-home caregiver services, but they are getting their house in Berkeley renovated and can't stand the sound of construction. Is there somewhere they can stay short-term that can also handle their care-related needs? Thanks for all your help!

Asked by: Deborah Burstyn |Posted on: February,10 | Viewed: 363 times


1 Answer


Contributor: {{answer.owner_name}} Delete

Glad you asked! I can definitely understand their frustration. Luckily, there are tons of supportive services in the East Bay that can help people in need of short-term care. We call these "respite programs" and many elder care communities offer them for seniors who want to try out a senior community, or are otherwise in need of their unique features and amenities. 

By finding a respite program for your parents, you can rest assured that their needs are being taken care of while their house is being renovated. This will also give them the opportunity to engage in socialization opportunities, get involved in community activities, and experience senior living in case they ever need it in the future. If you sign up for free on, you can search for care communities in your preferred area by things like pricing, availability, and special features. 
If you prefer talking on the phone, you can also call us directly at (415) 570-4370. We'll set you up with one of our family coordinators, who can help you find the right fit, make calls to the community, and book tours for your parents. 
You can also email us at with your needs, and we'll get back to you with some good options. Thank you so much for reaching out to us; we're glad to help!

Please sign in to answer questions



Seniorly helps you find Assisted Living

Enter City or ZipCode to begin your search.


A thought while you wait ...

We are young at heart. Slightly older in other places!