Assisted Senior Living and housing in Spokane, Washington
Find 48 Assisted Living Facilities in Spokane and also 3 Independent Living , 7 Alzheimer's and Dementia Memory Care , 7 that offer Short-Term Respite Stays. 46 communities with Private Rooms , and 1 starting at less than $3,000 per month . 9 of these licensed facilities specializing in senior care services in Spokane are single family homes that have been converted to Board and Care Homes.
Top Rated Large Size Assisted Living Facilities
Top Rated Medium Size Assisted Living Facilities
Top Rated Board and Care Assisted Living Facilities
Alzheimers and Memory Care Facilities
What services are provided in Senior Living Facilities?
Assisted living facilities provide 3 meals per day, assistance with activities of daily living, medication management, and 24-hour supervision. Some facilities in Spokane provide transportation, robust social activities, Alzheimer’s and other dementia related illnesses care, diabetes care, short-term respite care, and much more. Looking for different types of listings? ExploreMemory Care communities for rent in Spokane,Independent Living communities for rent in Spokane,Short-Term Assisted Living communities for rent in Spokane, andIn-Home Care services in Spokane.
As stated above senior living communities are residential senior care options that provides non-medical assistance with activities of daily living (“ADLs”). According to Investopedia there are “There are six basic ADLs: eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring (walking) and continence. A person's ability to perform ADLs is important for determining what type of long-term care — for example.”.
In addition to providing assistance with ADLs, most senior living communities offer central dining, exercise programs, housekeeping services, transportation options and care supervision. Assisted living residents typically live in their own private or semiprivate apartments depending on their preference. Care needs for senior living residents are assessed regularly in case there is a change that requires staff notification. Assisted living communities feature activities schedules filled with events to suit a variety of preferences. Families are encouraged to visit senior living communities where their loved ones are residing. Loved ones are invited to special events and holiday parties designed for community residents.
Happiness also comes from a supportive and compassionate staff, independence and affordability. In many ways it's like a marriage. There are many choices, more now than ever, and so when selecting the right senior living for you or your loved one, care, patience and research should be the number one priority.
Top 12 Question to Ask While Touring Senior Living Facilities
- What is the ratio of staff to residents?
- What is the staff turnover rate?
- What types of training do the staff members have?
- Is there staff available to provide 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s) such as dressing, eating, bathing and toileting?
- Can meals be provided at a time the resident prefers, or are there set times for meals?
- Does the community have any special amenities or services worth mentioning, such as a beauty parlor, fitness room, therapy pool, etc.?
- Are residents actively encouraged to participate?
- Is there someone on staff who coordinates home healthcare visits from a nurse, physical therapist, etc., if needed?
- Are services such as hospice and physical therapy available? If so, is there an additional charge? If so, how much?
- Is transportation offered to residents for doctor’s appointments? Is the transportation wheelchair/disabled-friendly? Is there a fee? If so, how much?
- Are incontinence supplies included in the price? If not, what is the cost?
- Are visitors allowed at any time, or are there specific visiting hours? If you have specific visiting hours, what are they?
Check out more questions here: Questions to Ask On Your Community Tour
How can I pay the costs of Senior Living?
What services should I expect are offered in Assisted Living?
How do I navigate the Assisted Living process and make a decision if it’s right for me?
How do I evaluate an Senior Housing facility on a tour?
Downsizing for a Move to Senior Housing
Understanding the Assisted Living Experience?
Finding the Right Senior Living Situation For a Family Member