Stonehill Franciscan Services is a faith-based, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) quality retirement and care community serving older adults in and around Dubuque, Iowa. The history of Stonehill can be traced back to 1878 when the Franciscan Sisters were invited to open an orphanage in Dubuque that would serve both orphans and the elderly. Our mission is to in the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi, provide a full continuum of quality lifetime care services in a dignified atmosphere. We work each day to inspire lives through compassion and faith.
* In 1978, the new state-of-the-art 250-bed Stonehill Care Center was opened.
* In 1999, Assisi Village was constructed adding Independent Living to the campus.
* In 2009, skilled-nursing and therapy began.
* In 2013, a major expansion was completed adding four households including a Memory Care Center as well as world-class Therapy and Wellness Centers.
* In November 2016 the renovation of the 3rd floor dining room began. To find out how to support this project please visit our donation page. Today's services include:
* Wellness Center
* Independent Living Villas and Apartments
* Assisted Living Apartments
* Residential Care Facility
* Long-Term Care Facility
* Skilled Nursing
* In-Patient and Out-Patient Rehabilitation Program with Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy.
Stonehill employs more than 450 people and serves 300 residents as well as over 5,000 wellness members.